Friday, May 4, 2007

The Linux Chronicles, Ubuntu Volume, Chapter One

A long time ago, in a distant setting ... A certain TaylorT had Ubuntu installed on his laptop. Then, one day, a few animators were messing around, and the hardware abstraction layer magically stops working.

I had been putting it off long enough, but I really needed to get Ubuntu installed again.


After my monitor's device driver stopped working, I knew it was the last straw, and I mean the last straw. So, I chkdsk /f'ed and defrag'ed my way out of Windows, but not without Windows giving me one last glimpse of its inferiority.





I bid my old, not-so-faithful OS farewell, and booted into Ubuntu's LiveCD.





I had been trying to install it for a short while now, actually, but I had some unfortunate partitioning problems. Luckily, nothing went wrong this time, and was the best install I could have asked for.






With this done, I exited the LiveCD and had to pull out my lovely registered Linux user button.



I'm now a loud and proud new Ubuntu user...again! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.